In addition to each individual’s responsibilities, all officers are required to assist each other in:
- Setup and cleanup of general meeting
- Setup - getting supplies needed from the clubroom
- Clean-up - making sure that the room is cleaned up, all trash thrown away and supplies are put back into the clubroom
- Setup and cleanup of on-campus fundraising events
- Pick up food from the parking lot when the driver arrives
- Setup - getting supplies needed from the clubroom
- Clean-up - making sure that the area is cleaned up, all trash thrown away and supplies are put back into the clubroom
- Assist in picking up professionals and food for general meetings
- Provide carpool for all events if necessary
- Make sure you don’t have a class either before or after the meeting time so you can assist in setting up and cleaning up for general meetings.
- Making yourself available and assisting all officers where needed
Vice President of Administration
Beginning of Semester
Beginning of the semester
Director of Social Events
Director of Fundraiser
• Plan events where members and officers can participate in fun activities, get to know each other, and develop their networking skills in an informal setting.
• Create and send out surveys to find out which types of events members would like to attend and when they are available.
• Create and send out sign-up sheets to keep track of members who plan on attending an event and how many need carpool.
• Coordinate events with officers, members, and other student organizations.
• Research to compare price, location, and quality before deciding where to host events.
• Communicate with members regarding activities, location, time, carpooling and send reminders about each event.
• Must be available on average of 2-4 hours per every on-campus fundraising event.
• Implement on-campus and off-campus fundraisers by filling out ASI and CSI forms.
• ASI forms can be obtained through their website: http://asicalstatela.org/services/clubs-and-organizations-funding
• Funding request forms must be typed and turn in before event
• Must attend ASI’s Finance Committee meeting on Fridays first to get approval for funding
Important Details Regarding Forms
• All forms must be turned in within 10 business days
• If the deadline falls after the Monday of the week the finance committee, on that Monday by 12 PM.
• Must include invoice, flyer, ASI form, CSI form
• Payment request forms must be typed. Please note, this form is due in 15 business days after the event.
• Must turn in an event flyer, receipts of purchase, and awards letter along form.
• CSI forms can be obtained at Student Union CSI office.
• Food permit forms - Obtain signatures in the order specified by CSI
• Officer, Adviser, CSI, University Auxiliary Services, Environmental Health and Safety office.
• Forms for Event Registration:
• Obtain signatures from adviser, President, and Treasurer.
• Must obtain all signatures 10 days before the event. (Tips: get signatures ASAP)
• (No paperwork needed from ASI and CSI forms)
• Contact businesses/restaurants to host events at their locations and ask for details and information regarding the event .
• Must have information for restaurant to prepare checks for AS
• Present and advertise for fundraising event during meetings.
• Email members for upcoming fundraisers one week prior to events
• Arrange carpool for members - ask officers or members that could provide carpools
Setup of Fundraisers
• Must have an officer available to pick up food, beverages, and utensils for fundraiser
• Must have at least two people (at least one officer) to get supplies from club room and set up
During the Fundraisers
• Must have at least one officer present during the entire fundraiser
• Only officers are allowed to handle money and cashbox
• Keep track of attendees and make sure they are participating (only participating members receive credits for their time.)
Director of Community Service
Director of Professional Events
• Plan community service events by:
• Creating a list of possible organizations where members can volunteer
• Research for local upcoming community service events: distance, date, time, and location are all factors for choosing organizations.
• Reach out to organizations preferably one to two months ahead of planned date of event
• Study the schedule and check for important dates for the upcoming semester.
• This is extremely important as it gives a predetermined idea of what dates students may or may not be available (such as midterms week).
• Keep in mind programs such as VITA which limits student participation in Saturday events.
• Review activity and events schedule of other CSULA business organizations such as Beta Alpha Psi and ALPFA.
• Establish a relationship with other organization coordinators of Community Service in order to arrange joint events in the future.
• Keep good communication with these officers so that clubs can easily join/invite one another to events.
• Communicate regularly with volunteer organizations that reply to your requests.
• Give them information about the AS schedule and availability so that you and the organization can arrange a volunteer date, or join a volunteer event previously set by the organization
• Maintain constant contact with professionals throughout the semester
• Responsible for connecting with professionals and inviting them to professional events.
• Such as the Resume Workshop, Mock Interviews, LinkedIn Workshop, or any other events you think will be beneficial to members.
• Use the existing contact list of professionals provided by previous officers and add new professionals contacts when needed.
• Required to submit paperwork with the USU to register events and/or booking USU rooms if needed and with CSI to get funding for events.
Director of Student Outreach
Director of Marketing
• Basic knowledge of PowerPoint is required
• Good writing skills is preferred
• Compile newsletters on a weekly basis
• Send out emails of upcoming events/recap every week on Monday
• Must have President proofread your emails and approve before sending out
• Update the website with information of events and sign up details.
• Put the flyers for meetings and events on the website
• Post information of events on Facebook, creating events or posts depending on situation.
• Post pictures of events and meetings on website, Facebook, and Instagram.
• Photoshop knowledge is preferred, however any tips and tools used is easily learned.
• Design flyers for events planned by the Director of Events
• Maintain the AS board located on 2nd Floor of Salazar Hall
• Set up the month's calendar and keep updating with information of events
• Print and post pictures of events
• Print and post flyers in classrooms, and on bulletin boards